TSTV's The Current
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about yourself

+4
hey_erin
pacobaggins
ShutYoMouth
TheWeber
8 posters

Go down

Tell us about yourself Empty Tell us about yourself

Post  TheWeber Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:56 am

Hey guys, Marie here.

This is where you introduce yourself to the rest of everybody. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your major, where you're from, what things you're interested in debating &c. &c.

Good example:

Hey guys! My name is Marie Weber and I'm hoping to get into the College of Communications in a year or two. I'm classified as a sophomore, but that's eh. I'm from Houston originally. I'll pretty much discuss anything, but I'm especially interested in discussing social trends, entertainment, and new technology. I'm also hoping to help out on the show in other ways, balancing the technical aspect with the on-camera stuff. I'm probably going to be doing the majority of the editing.

Hope to see you at the meeting!

Bad example:

HEY MY NAME IS MARIE AND I LIEK TALKING ABOUT STUFF JUST WHATEVER IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER I GO TO UT HOOK 'EM AND I'M THE MAIN GUY ON THE SHOW, SO HI
tongue pirat Twisted Evil

Remember, no nudes.
TheWeber
TheWeber
Admin

https://thecurrent.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself Empty Kevin Lindsay

Post  ShutYoMouth Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:01 pm

What's goin' on, kids?

My name is Kevin, and I'm a freshman Mechanical Engineering student. I want to transfer into RTF because I have realized that I don't want to be stuck designing lawn mowers for the rest of my life. I love discussing music (particularly indie stuff. I know, I'm a hipster, which is ironically very cliche nowadays), literature, movies, religion, existential crises (which I'm sure wouldn't be very good for ratings). I also volunteer for Austin Underground, Local Live, enjoy long walks on the Drag and writing rap songs about Snuggies and Mormons.

Just,
Kev.
ShutYoMouth
ShutYoMouth

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself Empty Re: Tell us about yourself

Post  pacobaggins Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:00 pm

My name is Luis Vazquez, but most people call me Paco (yes, like a taco). I am second year RTF major, specializing in film production. I've been a volunteer at Video Game Hour Live (VGHL) for about a year and a half now. I'll discuss anything, but I'm particularly interested in discussing anything that involves movies, filmmkaing, technology and television. I'm also interested in discussing illegal immigration.
pacobaggins
pacobaggins

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself Empty Telling you about myself...

Post  hey_erin Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am

Hey there,

My name is Erin Boyle, and I'm a third year RTF major, though I wasted a year in civil engineering so my credits are somewhat wack. Not wiggity-wack, just regular type. I mainly focus on screenwriting and audio, and I've been volunteering for CFF for about a year now. I'd be down for discussing just about anything, but particularly films, current events, horrid/wondrous things found online, music, religion, television, and whatnot.

Shocked erin
hey_erin
hey_erin

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself Empty Herrow

Post  svodak Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey kiddos. I'm Sara, the other producer. I'm a junior RTF major, but like Erin I wasted a year of my life in another major. Word of warning, theatre majors are dicks. Anywho, I was born in Quincy, Illinois, spent most of my life in Abilene, TX, and my parents just moved to Wisconsin. I'm a yank, big whoop, wanna fight about it? I make bad jokes but for some reason people think I'm funny. My two favorite things in life are baking and getting tattoos. Suck it.
svodak
svodak

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawn-Li Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:21 pm

What's up with it yall I'm John. I prefer Jawn Li because my name is so plain I remixed it but that's another story lol. I'm a freshman pre-journalism major from Houston. I like to discuss celebrities and stuff that makes me laugh a lot. I loooove to eat but I want to lose some weight soon. My best friend is my ipod and it's always near me. What I plan to get out of this experience with the show and volunteering is that I'd like to know more of the behind the scenes work since I am interested in entertainment journalism.

Jawn-Li

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself Empty Ariel Santillan

Post  what Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:03 am

Hey guys, my name is Ariel. I'm probably going to be the oldest cat here -- I'm a 5th year, RTF major. And I wasted 4 years doing advertising, which I discovered was ridiculous ... I'm pretty much open to chat about whatever and go with the flow, but I guess what I really enjoy talking about is basically anything pop-culture: music, social trends, "entertainment news" whatever the hell that means. I also really enjoy talking about those "heavier" subjects too. Just be prepared to not take anything I say seriously

elephant
what
what

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey kids. I'm Laura Davila, 3rd year RTF. I normally have cooler internet names, but I thought since well know each other, I have no need to put up a front Razz I really like art/animation, tv, the internet, and pretending to be hip at coffee shops. I was in CX debate in high school, so I'm up to debate anything, and if needed from any angle haha. Although I've most notably been bringing up Lady Gaga at the meetings, she's not really the only thing I care about, I promise. I love to talk politics, entertainment, weird news, etc. My favorite things in the world that I have no direct relation to are AFI, Harry Potter, and comedy type stuff. My favorite things in the world I do have direct relation to are vegetarian foods, friends, and makeup (but I am a feminist, ya fools).

I've never been cool enough to be good at video games, but oddly enough all of my friends are obsessed in some way or another. I stand by Ocarina of Time being the best game ever, even though I never actually played it all.

Cool beans! lol! A goku smiley!
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum